There are various techniques and software to provide a secure environment on the internet, as well as many security products such as doors, alarm systems, security cameras for our homes and workplaces that we live in. Some of these are simple technical applications for everyone, while others are cost-effective products that provide much higher levels of protection.
Let's see some of them in titles;
SSL is a security protocol developed by Netscape. Enables incoming and outgoing data to be encrypted, making it readable only when it reaches the correct addresses. SSL actually offers an encryption service. You will need an SSL certificate to benefit from this service.
How to Obtain an SSL Certificate
• Some hosting companies provide SSL within the scope of their services.
• There are many websites on the Internet where you can get SSL certificates. The leading companies are companies like Sectigo(Formerly known as Comodo), Rapidssl, Verisign and Digicert. You can obtain SSL certificate by comparing product features and prices from their websites.
• Starting from the basic package of BEKCHY, which is $ 9.99, all packages have SSL service. By acquiring BEKCHY security application easily over the internet, you can protect your web site from security vulnerabilities and attacks and obtain SSL.
Some SSL certificate can contain;
• Title of the certificate holder
• The serial number and expiry date of the certificate
• Public key of the certificate owner
• Certificate issuer has an electronic signature of ECSP (Electronic Certificate Service Provider).
WAF (Web Application Firewall)
Web Application Firewall products are mostly cloud based services that protect web sites from security vulnerabilities and attacks.
Operating systems, services and prices vary from one WAF product to another. Today, there are many successful WAF products that are easily available online.
BEKCHY is a WAF product that stands out in terms of both the abundance of its services and its appeal to all budgets. In addition to the web application firewall service, it also offers SSL, 24/7 support, DDoS Protection, Load Balancing and web speed optimizer services.
IPS and IDS
IDS (Intrusion Detection System) is a security system that detects attacks against web applications and IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) is a security system that prevents these attacks. These systems are designed for security professionals and can work with firewall devices.
Next generation firewall devices can provide more in-depth security service thanks to IPS and IDS features.
What Is The Difference Between WAF and IPS
IPS (Intrusion Prevention Systems) is a security system that detects attacks towards web applications and prevents them from entering the network. In this respect, it can be thought that it has the same functions as WAF (Web Application Firewall). However, there are specific differences between them.
IPS protects web applications against more common attacks known as “signature based” and serves more or less the same way to each website. It blocks the attack without determining the attack time and the source of the attack. Therefore, it cannot prevent the same attack when it is repeated by the same attacker.
WAF recognizes your website and works in a way that is specific to each website. It not only blocks attacks, but also knows when attack happened from which source. Therefore, it prevents the repetition of the same attack.
The most important difference is that WAF - especially cloud-based - is a security product that everyone can easily acquire and use to the standards they desire, while IPS and IDS are systems for security experts.
Web site backup is one of the most important precautions against cyber attacks. When you back up your website, you can continue your business with minimal damage with the information you backed up.
So, how to back up the website?
There are many ways to do this. The leading ones; FTP, cPanel, Plesk panel, over MYSQL backup methods.
Keeping your backed up information on secure computers and cloud servers and performing backups as often as possible is very important for your security.
Considerations for the Security of Websites
Things to Avoid:
- Do not use vulnerable plug-ins
- Do not leave any platform on your subdomains during installation
- Do not use unreliable hosting
Things to do:
Use strong password and username. Your passwords shouldn’t be easy to find, and you should change them at regular intervals.
Update: To protect against hackers, you must update your software constantly.
Don't put more than one website on a single server: When a server is in trouble, this problem should not affect all your websites.
- Make regular backups.
- Prefix and encrypt databases
- Keep your software up-to-date
- Add a limit to the log in option
- Delete files or folders that you cannot identify. Delete database and web applications that are not in use.
- Edit error pages
- Require 3D Secure for e-commerce sites and prevent credit card information from being saved in the database
-Prevent spam comments with Captcha code: Using Google Captcha to prevent fake comments from being created by bots allows you to take some action.
- Hide configuration files: Hiding and making inaccessiblec the file with database connection information or critical configuration information makes your website more secure.
- Hide upload paths and limit: Limiting the file size is important for both performance and resource consumption as well as security, and do not explicitly show and hide which folder to upload the file to. Let it be a layer that controls the file processing and loading stages of the file.
- Limit file permissions: Make the actions like access to files, write, delete, read, dependent on authorization and the users who will deal with the files should never be the most authorized user.
-Limit remote access to the FTP access or database, and do not allow access other than the IP addresses you specify.
- Change the way of the admin (admin) entry
For your website security, the most affordible and credible way is using Bekchy web application firewall. You can also get information about your website's vulnerabilities by requesting a pentest from Bekchy.com.